May 13, 2009

The Plight of the Middle Reliever

I'll readily admit that as a fan, I tend to dwell on the negatives a bit too often and not the positives. This is especially true of middle relievers. No matter how many years of flawless innings they produce, it's the subpar performances that lose game after game that drive me nuts.
Photobucket
I don't know how much more of Scot Shields I can take. At this point, each out her records is a celebration, quickly followed by the dreaded knowledge that he'll have to get another hitter out and that will most likely lead to heartache.

In an effort to change my spirits, I will begin to look at Scoty with fresh eyes. Each inning will be a new beginning and I will have faith in Scot and all of his mates in the bullpen. We'll see how this goes.

Go Halos!

No comments:

Post a Comment