Jun 16, 2009

Interleague Bonanza

I remember way back in 1997, when this whole Interleague thing was new and exciting. The Angels gave away commemorative tickets for each of the series and I was lucky enough to attend Halos vs. Giants and see my team get shellacked, behind 2 home runs from Jeff Kent.
Photobucket
The ticket is actually massive. If I wasn't so lazy I'd measure it, but I'd say a good 9 inches by 4 inches.

The real beauty of this Interleague ticket is that it is also topical for today, as the Halos are battling the Giants in San Francisco. It put me back in 2002 to see big John Lackey mowing down Giants hitters. Anything that can remind you of your team's lone championship run, is definitely a positive in my book.

Tonight the Angels will be relying on a pitcher making his major league debut, Sean O'Sullivan, as he takes on Los Gigantes. O'Sullivan began the year at AA and posted an ERA over 5, moved up to AAA and his ERA grew to over 6, now he's headed to the big club. Does this trend disturb anyone else? To say our pitching health is a problem this year would be an understatement.

Oh well, they can never take away 2002.

Go Halos!

1 comment:

  1. At least these rookies are coming through. And we found a way to beat Lincecum today. Nice little sweep! Can't wait for the Weaver showdown on Saturday!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete